The wrong way to start a business
- ❌ Spending two months on creating a business plan.
- ❌ Planning an extensive marketing campaign with huge budgets
- ❌ Hiring agencies to eat-up seven months to build your website
- ❌ Hiring calling marketing or sales executives to market your business
But how do you create a sustainable business without all this?
When starting a business, you don’t need to worry about how you will handle 300 customers per day!
Instead, you need to figure out if you have a product or service that people are willing to pay for.
This means, On the first day of your business
- ❌ You don’t need a website
- ❌ You don’t need social media pages
- ❌ You don’t need a brand presence
You need customers…
People who are interested to pay for what you are offering!
You will not have the 300 customers on day one.
- 🤔 Maybe you will reach out to 100 people
- 🤔 Maybe only three people will be interested
- 🤔 Maybe just one person will buy…
That’s no small achievement!
Because once you have a customer you can start asking questions like…
- ❓ Why is he interested?
- ❓ How and where do I find more people like him?
- ❓ Why are the others not interested?
You can create the best business plan in the world
But if you don’t have something that people want and will pay for then It just won’t matter!
The only way to validate if you have the right product offering is to get paying customers
No amount of brainstorming can define your target audience better than actual paying customers!
The step-by-step process to get your first paying customer in less than 24 hours with 0 investment
Don’t blindly spam everyone!
Filter out a list of relevant interested people!
- List down potential target audience
- Get their contact numbers, you can use one or more of the following options
- Purchase a database and segregate the data
- Extract data from Google, JustDial or IndiaMart
- Send them a WhatsApp message
- Check the best first WhatsApp message format to avoid banning
- Don’t overdo, check the limits. See How many Bulk WhatsApp messages is it safe to send?
- Interact with the people who reply
- Beware of auto replies, the people who send auto replies are not necessarily interested
- Ask a qualifying question
That’s it now you have a list of people who are relevant to your offer and interested in it!
Don’t promote yourself in the first message itself!
Give before you ask!
Here are a few ways to do that
- Share helpful insights for free without asking for or expecting anything in return
- Use WhatsApp to provide support
- Get people to save your WhatsApp number! Make it the channel where they can reach out to you and your team for any issues that they face!
Things to keep in mind
- This will give you your first five customers within 24 to 48 hours but it is not your primary marketing channel and it will not get you 5000 customers on day one
- WhatsApp has very high response rate!
But it is not a magic wand.
You will have to put in the time to figure out the target audience, and create a filtered list of interested people
Then you have to use content to build trust
And finally you will be able to promote to an audience that trusts you and is interested in what you are selling.
Because that is how you get sales
All this is a lot of effort! And with the right guidance you can do it pretty quickly!
But it is not a get rich quick scheme!
Leave a Reply