Note: This is the second out of the 10 deadly common mistakes that will get your number instantly banned by WhatsApp
Links to the other mistakes
What does ‘Having a Spammer Profile’ mean?
Let’s look at one to understand
Here is everything that’s wrong with the profile
- I don’t know who this guy/ girl/zombie or ghost is!
- And from the profile as you can already see I have no way of making out who it is!
- There is no profile picture
- Or a visible psedonym that I can use to get some as to who it is
- All I see is a bunch of spam that is totally unrelated!
I didn’t ask for this and I don’t know what the hell it is about!
So what do you think is going to happen if this message from this particular profile is going to land up in hundreds or even tens off what’s up numbers?
People are going to block and report left right and center
How do you avoid a fate like that for yourself?
It’s pretty simple… Just a few steps and at least this part of it is sorted
- Add a profile picture and a name that is relevant to the message that you are sending to people
- If possible create a profile on WhatsApp business and use WhatsApp business for your WhatsApp campaigns.
- Fill out all the details in the profile so that people can instantly change who you are and what you are messaging them about!
- Turn your privacy off so that people can see it!
Do all this and you should be sorted from the profile optimization steps.
Here’s what an ideal completely optimized profile looks like!
All this information is publicly visible!
The only thing missing in this profile is a link to the website…
Even after doing all these profile optimizations, you’re not done!
There are other things that you need to keep in mind in order to safeguard your number from being banned by WhatsApp
Read about the other 9 common mistakes that can get your number banned! (some of the links are coming soon)
- Deadly mistake #1 – Messaging from a brand new number.
- Deadly mistake #2 -Sending whatsapp messages to completely random database
- Deadly mistake #3 – Having a spammer like profile
- Deadly mistake #4 – Sending 2000 messages on day 1
- Deadly mistake #5 – Selling from the first sentence
- Deadly mistake #6 – Not taking care of the basic things
- Deadly mistake #7 – Not understanding how WhatsApp works
- Deadly mistake #8 – Not asking for option, Not respecting unsubscribe
- Deadly mistake #9 – Ban -> unban and back to spamming
- Deadly mistake #10 – Not maintaining a subscriber list