Note: This is the second out of the 10 deadly common mistakes that will get your number instantly banned by WhatsApp
Links to the other mistakes
Just saw this ad while I was researching for this article
Can you really send unlimited WhatsApp messages without any repercussions?
Let’s find out…
I understand that you need to grow your business and for that, you need to engage with your audience and promote your business.
WhatsApp has insanely high engagement rates which makes it the platform of choice for promoting your business
And the WASender tool helps you to do just that.
That doesn’t mean that you can purchase a database that looks something like this
And then go around blindly spamming completely random people from a completely random database with a message that looks like this
Normally when you send a WhatsApp message it looks something like this
When you message completely unknown people on WhatsApp…
This is what they see on their screen
Yes! That’s right!
When you message completely random strangers on WhatsApp!
Upon receiving your message they see these three buttons on their screen
- Add to contacts
And obviously, since you so kindly spammed them, They are not going to save your number!
Instead, this is how they are going to react
Do you still want to try messaging unlimited number of people on WhatsApp?
Sure you can try this if you want!
But… I can bet that people will start reporting your number left right and center
And within an hour your number will be banned by WhatsApp!
The worst part about number banning from WhatsApp is you can’t even get the replies of the people who wanted to respond to your spam.
So all that effort goes down for nothing!
The solution is simple
Instead of blindly spamming a bunch of random people from a random database, create a filtered list of relevant people who are interested in what you’re offering.
Step-by-step process to create a list of relevant people for messaging
- List down potential target audience
- Get their contact numbers, you can use one or more of the following options
- Purchase a database and segregate the data
- Extract data from Google, JustDial or IndiaMart
- Send them a WhatsApp message
- Check the best first WhatsApp message format to avoid banning
- Don’t overdo, check the limits. See How many Bulk WhatsApp messages is it safe to send?
- Interact with the people who reply
- Beware of auto replies, the people who send auto replies are not necessarily interested
- Ask a qualifying question
That’s it now you have a list of people who are relevant to your offer and interested in it!
Read about the other 9 common mistakes that can get your number banned! (some of the links are coming soon)
- Deadly mistake #1 – Messaging from a brand new number.
- Deadly mistake #2 -Sending whatsapp messages to completely random database
- Deadly mistake #3 – Having a spammer like profile
- Deadly mistake #4 – Sending 2000 messages on day 1
- Deadly mistake #5 – Selling from the first sentence
- Deadly mistake #6 – Not taking care of the basic things
- Deadly mistake #7 – Not understanding how WhatsApp works
- Deadly mistake #8 – Not asking for option, Not respecting unsubscribe
- Deadly mistake #9 – Ban -> unban and back to spamming
- Deadly mistake #10 – Not maintaining a subscriber list